Recycle, Reuse And Reduce At Work
As of 1st January 2015, all UK businesses are required to recycle what waste they can, according to new UK waste regulations. It’s important that all businesses deal responsibly with any waste produced to help protect our environment for the future.You can also save money and make your business more efficient.
Every year, in the UK alone, we use 12.5 million tonnes of paper and cardboard. Businesses up and down the UK are one of the biggest culprits, so we decided, as a premium contract cleaning company in London, to put together this handy recycling guide!
A Recycling Guide For Offices
- Recycle –There are many things produced in offices which can be recycled, including white office paper, cardboard, mixed paper (including promotional leaflets, magazines, newspapers, envelopes and coloured paper), some plastic bottles (check for the universal recycling symbol ?), aluminium drinks cans, glass jars and much more! If you don’t recycle your waste, it will just be added to the several million tonnes of landfill waste we produce in UK every year. As an example of just how harmful this can be, plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose.
- Re-use – Many things can easily be reused in office-based businesses. Just by using durable cups, glasses and cutlery rather than disposable alternatives, you’re helping the environment.
- Reduce – Buy only what you need, control stock and streamline processes across departments. If there is no other alternative product that can be recycled or reused, and it is essential to dispose of it in landfill, ideally the product should be biodegradable. Think not only of the product’s material, but of its packaging too.
Things To Think About
As a leading contract cleaning company in London, we recognise our responsibility for environmental protection and we are committed to sustaining it. We also believe that, like many things, prevention over treatment is the most effective measure against environmental degradation. When choosing products for the office, think about:
- The life of the product, i.e. how long will the product last before it will need to be replaced or thrown out? The purchase of one product that has a long life as opposed to many short-lived replacements is better for the environment. This could be as simple a thing as buying coffee refills instead of buying a new glass jar full every time (though remember that glass is 100% recyclable).
- What happens to the product at the end of its life? In other words, can it be recycled, or will it inevitably end up in landfill? As a leading contract cleaning company in London, the team at Julius Rutherfoord go to great lengths to provide an incomparable service, and always aim to do this in the most environmentally-friendly way possible. There is no better example of this than our waste management service that ensures 0% of waste goes to landfill.
Instead, the waste is recycled or incinerated for electricity production. In doing this, almost two-thirds of the waste collected can be recycled, saving 172 tonnes of CO2 annually.
Recycling Management Services From Julius Rutherfoord
Interested in our recycling and waste management services from a reputable contract cleaning company in London? Choose Julius Rutherfoord! We work with all of our clients to implement environmental initiatives, including recycling/waste management solutions and innovative chemical-free cleaning methods. For more information about our contract cleaning company in London, or our waste management services, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team. Call 020 7819 6700 today or email email@example.com!