How Can Businesses Deter Pest Birds From Roosting Ethically
All wild birds, their nests and eggs are protected by law under The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. However if wild birds are causing your commercial business problems, or you’re concerned about health and safety, the best way to eradicate nuisance birds is with a responsible and reliable pest control contractor. As well as commercial office cleaning for London, Julius Rutherfoord’s contractors can also provide a number of specialist services, including pest control, window cleaning and more.
Of course deterring birds from roosting near or on your property in the first instance is the most effective pest control measure, so below we’ve put together a unique guide to dissuade wild birds from roosting on the grounds of your commercial business.
Pest Prevention: Wild Birds
Birds can carry a variety of diseases that can be transmitted to people, such as Ornithosis, Listeria and Ecoli. Bird droppings are acidic and can corrode brickwork, stonework and even metals, whilst bird nests can also cause damage to commercial properties. A population of pest birds on your commercial grounds and a building that is covered in fouling doesn’t only look unpleasant to visitors and staff, but will also affect your company image. As well as pest control, thorough commercial office cleaning in London will improve your company image.
There are numerous non-lethal ways to deter birds from roosting near your commercial property. Read on to find out more and ethically deter pest birds from your commercial grounds and maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Make sure waste bins are regularly emptied, don’t overflow and are kept clean and tidy – If you struggle to properly dispose of and recycle waste, Julius Rutherfoord’s environmentally-friendly recycling and waste management service may be of interest.
- Though it may seem obvious, restrict access to food sources and prevent site staff and public providing food to pest birds. Keep food storage areas secure and bird-proof.
- Trim trees away from structures, and caulk or seal openings through which small birds can enter.
- You can also block vents and loft openings with plywood, ¼-inch wire mesh, or netting and utilise door strips that will prevent birds from entering.
- Try visual and audible bird scaring devices such as balloons, flags and recorded distress calls. Although these only work to deter birds for a limited period of time, all ethical deterrents are worth trying!
If you have a pest problem, don’t delay and get in touch with the pest control professionals at Julius Rutherfoord. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, our pest control contractors have the knowledge and expertise to safely eradicate unwanted pests such as birds, rodents and insects.
Pest Control And Commercial Office Cleaning In London
If you have a pest issue it’s important that it is controlled as quickly and as responsibly as possible. Julius Rutherfoord’s highly experienced pest control professionals carry out a site specific risk assessment and health and safety site audits prior to any pest control measures being taken. Additionally, site visits are frequently conducted to ensure that your site it clear of pests long-term too.
If you require commercial office cleaning in London or would like information about our services, don’t hesitate to contact our professional team today. Call 020 7819 6700 or email email@example.com.