Creating An Environmentally-Responsible Office
There are a number of ways you can create a more environmentally-responsible office, and they won’t cost the earth to do, either (but it will if you don’t give them a go!). Every small change that you make will have a positive impact on our environment, so it’s well worth trying some of them. Here are several ways you can help protect our lovely planet, and save money at the same time!
How Can Offices Improve Their Environmentally-Friendliness?
Here at Julius Rutherfoord, our specialist cleaners not only use greener cleaning solutions, but we have in place what we call the Greener Fleet, which ensures we’re more conscious of our fuel usage and aim to be as efficient as possible with it.
We do this by monitoring our vehicles and using a management system that updates us on the mileage, speed and location of our vehicles so that we can identify problem areas and use our fuel more effectively. This is just one of the many things we do to keep our environment less polluted. Here are several eco-friendly things your company can start doing to help too!
- Choose your bulbs wisely – By replacing incandescent light bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFL) in your office, you’ll save 66% more energy and help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also, remember to switch them off when they’re not in use.
- Shut down – Televisions are typically left on standby for 17 hours per day, but it’s not just TVs that are letting our planet down, you can also save the habitats of many wild animals by shutting down and unplugging office computers and other appliances instead of leaving them on standby overnight.
- Don’t underestimate natural light and windows – With windows for sunlight to enter, you won’t just save on your lighting bills, you’ll also save money on your heating too! So install energy-efficient windows and open the blinds! Ensure they’re clean (our window specialist cleaners can take care of that) to make the most of them!
- Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose! – As well as incorporating an effective recycling system in your workplace, why not repurpose old furniture instead of buying off-the-shelf, too?
- Print only when necessary – Much of the time, there’s absolutely no need to print. Instead, use email and save documents electronically.
- Toilet troubles – It has been estimated that flushing toilets account for an average of 30% of all indoor water use! To reduce this number, install low-flow toilets instead. You can also use recycled toilet roll as well!
- Forget drip, drip, drip… – And fix leaky taps, which waste 182 litres of water a week (and that’s just one dripping tap!)!
- We all like a hard worker, but there’s no need to make your fridge work unnecessarily hard! Pop the office refrigerator in the shade so that it doesn’t have to work as hard to keep cool. Also, why not try incorporating low-energy appliances into your workplace environment to improve your office’s carbon footprint!
We can all help to protect our environment by trying just a few of these small actions! Every single thing will help to make a big difference, and you’ll be one step closer to living on a greener planet! You can find out more about our environmentally-friendly initiatives by viewing our infographic here.
Contact Us For Specialist Cleaners
Julius Rutherfoord’s specialist cleaners are easily the most reputable and advanced in the whole of London. They are frequently retrained to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are consistently met; and we’ve even won awards for our cleaning services too!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, so if you would like more information about what our specialist cleaners can offer, contact us today. You can either call us directly on 20 7819 6700, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.