Julius Rutherfoord & Co Ltd is a commercial cleaning contractor. The main impact of our business on the environment is through the disposal of cleaning products and emissions from our vehicles.
We recognise our responsibility for environmental protection and are committed to sustainable development. In accordance with our ISO 14001 accreditation, we produce for all activities:
To meet our environmental objectives we will:
1. Implement a carbon reduction programme to target specific areas of our activity, set targets and monitor our progress against these targets, and report to the bi-monthly Quality Health Safety and Environmental meeting.
Areas identified include:
2. Audit all sub-contractors on an annual basis, establishing sustainability as a measure of performance.
3. Comply with environmental legislation through regular audit and review.
4. Communicate the Environmental and Sustainability Policy to staff, through training, documentation, other communications and our website, www.julius-r.co.uk.
5. Work with our clients to implement environmental initiatives including recycling/waste management solutions and innovative chemical free cleaning methods.